Clinical Technician (Medical Assistant/LPN)
Job Summary: Responsibilities are to provide direct and/or indirect clinical and related services as assigned. Required assistance to the Administrator in assuring the practice meets organizational goals and provides high quality care and service to all patients and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Back Office Team:
- Responsible for properly setting up exam room prior to patient’s appointment.
- Responsible for escorting patients to appropriate room or area.
- Responsible for obtaining patient history, vital signs, chief compliant, and entering data into the appropriate EMR template.
- Responsible for returning patient phone calls as directed by assigned physicians and in compliance with patient care standards and office policies.
- Responsible for managing prescriptions refills under the guidance of the prescribing physician and pharmacy.
- Responsible for obtaining prior approval for medications.
- Responsible for complete follow-up with patient as requested by physicians.
- Responsible for cleaning and stocking exam rooms on daily basis.
- Responsible for sterilizing instruments daily and in accordance with policies and procedures
- Responsible for performing tympanograms and audiograms as requested by physician and importing results into EMR.
- Responsible for positioning of in office CT scans.
- Responsible for assisting the physicians in providing high quality medical care to patients as directed/indicated.
- Responsible for supporting approved department philosophy, standards, standards of clinical care, and policies and procedures.
- Responsible for participating in department continuing education and in-service programs and in approved external programs (subject to policy and approval)
- Responsible for assisting all other personnel in the completion of duties as needed.
- Responsible for establishing priorities in directing sequence of actives to maintain as efficient system
- Responsible for promoting teamwork and cooperation among co-workers, physicians, and practice manager.
- Responsible for carrying out duties in a manner that promotes high quality patient care and efficiency along with maximizing physician time and efficiency.
- Responsible for only accessing PHI required to perform job duties.
- Travel to other locations, as needed.
- Other duties as requested/assigned by physicians and/or practice manager.
- High School education or GED equivalent
- Positional certification/training, required
- Experience in a physician’s office
- Knowledge and experience with modern office procedures, office equipment and medical terminology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Full- Time, and PRN opportunities available. Please email your resume to [email protected].