Responsibilities are to provide direct and/or indirect clinical and related services as assigned. Required assistance to the administrator in assuring that the practice meets organizational goals and provides high quality care and service to all patients and their families.
Primary Job Functions
Back Office Team:
- Responsible for properly setting up exam room prior to patient’s appointment.
- Responsible for escorting patients to appropriate room or area.
- Responsible for obtaining patient history, vital signs, chief compliant and entering data into the appropriate EMR template.
- Responsible for returning patient phone calls as directed by assigned physicians and in compliance with patient care standards and office policies.
- Responsible for managing prescription refills under the guidance of the prescribing physician and pharmacy.
- Responsible for obtaining prior approval for medications.
- Responsible for complete follow-up with patient as requested by physicians.
- Responsible for cleaning and stocking exam rooms on daily basis.
- Responsible for sterilizing instruments daily and in accordance with policies and procedures
- Responsible for performing tympanograms and audiograms as requested by physician and importing results into EMR.
- Responsible for positioning of in office CT scans.
- Responsible for assisting the physicians in providing high quality medical care to patients as directed/indicated.
- Responsible for supporting approved department philosophy, standards, standards of clinical care, and policies and procedures.
- Responsible for participating in department continuing education and in-service programs and in approved external programs (subject to policy and approval).
- Responsible for assisting all other personnel in the completion of duties as needed.
- Responsible for establishing priorities in directing sequence of actives to maintain as efficient system.
- Responsible for promoting teamwork and cooperation among co-workers, physicians, and practice manager.
- Responsible for carrying out duties in a manner that promotes high quality patient care and efficiency along with maximizing physician time and efficiency.
- Responsible for only accessing PHI required to perform job duties.
- Travel to other locations as needed.
- Other duties as requested/assigned by physicians and/or practice manager.
- Responsible for tracking of physician orders, checking physician folder and physician voicemails.
- Responsible for scheduling ancillary testing (imaging) and lab work as ordered by physician.
- Responsible for assisting during in-office procedures as required by the physician.
- Responsible for cleaning of exam rooms in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Responsible for stocking exam rooms based on the preference of the physician.
- Responsible for faxing physician notes and assist with voicemails as needed.
Supervisor: (all office locations)
- Responsible for sending equipment for repair, maintaining compliance with all equipment, complete audits as required by State.
- Responsible for changing OPA solution every two weeks or as indicated by manufacture guidelines.
- Responsible for the monthly maintenance of Autoclave, CT quality assessment, epic audit, in accordance with policies and procedures
- Responsible for leading the clinical team and acting as a liaison between departments, filling in rotation of the workflow as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining the staff schedule for the back office.
- Responsible for ordering office groceries from office preferred supplier.
- Responsible for the ordering of back office supplies.
- Responsible for all duties as listed above.
- Other duties as assigned by Administrator/physicians.
Job Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- High School education or GED equivalent
- Positional certification/training, required
- Experience in a physician’s office
- Knowledge and experience with modern office procedures, office equipment and medical terminology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills