Below are some of our most frequently asked questions about hearing loss. If you have a question about hearing aids, we’re here to help.
Take our quick self hearing test below and if your answer “YES” to any of the below questions, we recommend that you contact us for a complete hearing evaluation.
- Do you frequently complain that people mumble, speech is not clear, or you hear only parts of conversations when people are talking?
- Do you often ask people to repeat what they said?
- Do your friends or relatives tell you that you don’t seem to hear very well?
- Do you not laugh at jokes because you miss too much of the story?
- Do you need to ask others about the details of a meeting that you just attended?
- Do others say that you play the TV or radio too loudly?
- Do you have difficulty hearing on the phone or hearing the doorbell?
- Do you notice more difficulty understanding women and children’s voices?
- Do you find that looking at people when they talk to you makes it somewhat easier to understand, especially when you’re in a noisy place or where there are competing conversations?
- Does your child inconsistently respond to sound?
- Does your child have a language and speech development delay?
- Is your child’s speech unclear?
- Does your child turn up the volume on electronic equipment (radio, TV, cd player, etc.)?
- Does your child not follow directions?
- Does your child often say “Huh?”?
- Does your child not respond when called?
Call Northeast Georgia ENT at (770) 536-4352 for more information or to schedule an appointment.