Job Summary: Responsible for answering all incoming calls and handling appropriately. The telephone receptionist is responsible for assisting the practice manager in assuring the practice meets organizational goals and providing high quality care and services to all patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for answering incoming calls timely and efficiently while directing calls if needed.
- Responsible for scheduling appointments for patients in accordance to policies and procedures.
- Responsible for taking messages for clinical technicians, physicians and conveying messages as soon as possible.
- Responsible for rescheduling all patients as the physicians schedule makes necessary.
- Responsible for requesting and entering referrals numbers into computer and filing resulting correspondence appropriately.
- Responsible for assisting in referral appointments and scheduling (second/third calls).
- Responsible for assisting all other personnel in the completion of duties as needed.
- Responsible for establishing priorities in sequence of activities to maintain an efficient system.
- Responsible for promoting teamwork and cooperation among coworkers, physicians, and administrator.
- Responsible for carrying out duties in a manner that promoted high quality patient care and efficiency along with maximizing physician time efficiency.
- Responsible for only accessing PHI required to perform job duties.
- Other duties as requesting by physicians and/or administrator.
- High School education or GED equivalent
- Experience in a physician’s office
- Knowledge and experience with modern office procedures, office equipment and medical terminology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Full- Time, and PRN opportunities available. Please email your resume to [email protected].