- Call your doctor if you develop any signs or symptoms of illness before your scheduled procedure.
- DO NOT smoke, drink alcohol or use tobacco products after midnight the night before the procedure.
- AVOID Aspirin and other NSAIDS (Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, Goody’s powder) for 7-10 days prior to surgery.
- Tell your doctor if you are on any blood thinners, such as Plavix, Coumadin, Vitamin E or Fish Oil.
- Eat a good dinner and stay well hydrated the night before the procedure.
- DO NOT eat or drink anything after midnight the night before the procedure unless instructed to do so by your pre-op nurse.
- Take your morning medication with a sip of clear liquid the morning of the procedure ONLY if directed to do so by your pre-op nurse.
- Arrange to have an adult drive you home and remain with you 24 hours AFTER the procedure.
- You may take a bath/shower and brush your teeth the morning of the procedure.
- Shave or trim facial hair if it will be in or close to the surgical site.
- Remove contact lens, nail polish, makeup and metal hair pieces before arrival for the procedure.
- You may wear prescription glasses or bring reading glasses if necessary.
- DO NOT bring any jewelry or valuables with you to the facility.
- DO NOT bring children/siblings ages 12 and under to the facility on the day of the procedure.
- Failure to follow these instructions or late arrival for your appointment may result in delay or cancellation of the procedure.
- Should an emergency case arise, your procedure may be delayed. We appreciate your patience in the event that this should occur.
If you have any questions about the above instructions, please contact us.